Baby reindeer preparing for Christmas at St Albans farm
- Credit: Archant
It may be a bit early to be thinking about Christmas but an activity farm knows what will be one of its most popular festive attractions.
Two baby reindeer have been born at Willows Farm in London Colney and they are developing so well that they will make their debut in November at the Santa Spectacular event..
A light brown female reindeer was born to mum Ivy whilst reindeer Eve gave birth to a boy who is a dark brown, near black colour.
The calves are both drinking milk and starting to nibble at typical reindeer food, a cereal-based mix. They are increasingly exploring their enclosures but still spend a lot of time sleeping.
Farmer Andrew Wolfe said: “Mothers Eve and Ivy only arrived at Willows in March of this year so it’s great that we’ve already got two new additions to the Willows family as well.”
You may also want to watch:
The farm is holding a competition on Twitter to name the baby reindeer. Suggestions should be sent using #WillowsReindeerName and @Willows_Farm.
The two winning entries will get a free visit to Willows to see their named reindeer.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style