Baby reindeer preparing for Christmas at St Albans farm
- Credit: Archant
It may be a bit early to be thinking about Christmas but an activity farm knows what will be one of its most popular festive attractions.
Two baby reindeer have been born at Willows Farm in London Colney and they are developing so well that they will make their debut in November at the Santa Spectacular event..
A light brown female reindeer was born to mum Ivy whilst reindeer Eve gave birth to a boy who is a dark brown, near black colour.
The calves are both drinking milk and starting to nibble at typical reindeer food, a cereal-based mix. They are increasingly exploring their enclosures but still spend a lot of time sleeping.
Farmer Andrew Wolfe said: “Mothers Eve and Ivy only arrived at Willows in March of this year so it’s great that we’ve already got two new additions to the Willows family as well.”
The farm is holding a competition on Twitter to name the baby reindeer. Suggestions should be sent using #WillowsReindeerName and @Willows_Farm.
The two winning entries will get a free visit to Willows to see their named reindeer.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school