Baby reindeer preparing for Christmas at St Albans farm
- Credit: Archant
It may be a bit early to be thinking about Christmas but an activity farm knows what will be one of its most popular festive attractions.
Two baby reindeer have been born at Willows Farm in London Colney and they are developing so well that they will make their debut in November at the Santa Spectacular event..
A light brown female reindeer was born to mum Ivy whilst reindeer Eve gave birth to a boy who is a dark brown, near black colour.
The calves are both drinking milk and starting to nibble at typical reindeer food, a cereal-based mix. They are increasingly exploring their enclosures but still spend a lot of time sleeping.
Farmer Andrew Wolfe said: “Mothers Eve and Ivy only arrived at Willows in March of this year so it’s great that we’ve already got two new additions to the Willows family as well.”
You may also want to watch:
The farm is holding a competition on Twitter to name the baby reindeer. Suggestions should be sent using #WillowsReindeerName and @Willows_Farm.
The two winning entries will get a free visit to Willows to see their named reindeer.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church