Baby joy for Harpenden’s Izzy and McFly husband Harry Judd
- Credit: Photo supplied
Proud parents Harry and Izzy Judd have announced the birth of their first child, a daughter, at a London hospital this week.
Classical violinist Izzy is the daughter of Gill and David Johnston who set up Harpenden Musicale in the late 1970s.
She gave birth to Lola Rose Emma Judd at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital shortly before 9pm on Monday.
She married Harry, drummer with McFly and McBusted and a previous winner of Strictly Come Dancing, at St Nicholas Church in Harpenden in December 2012 followed by a reception at St Michael’s Manor Hotel in St Albans.
Harry announced the birth on Twitter on Monday night with the words “Both Mummy and Lola are doing very well, Izzy is my hero and I love my girls”.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who have retained their links with Harpenden, have made no secret of their problems conceiving and had to turn to IVF.
Izzy, whose has three musical brothers and performed with the classical quartet Escala, suffered a miscarriage after the couple’s first attempt at IVF last year.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend