Awards all round for St Albans Half Marathon charity fundraisers
THOUSANDS of pounds were handed over to the British Heart Foundation (BHF) at the annual awards night for the St Albans Half Marathon and Fun Runs. The event, in its 28th year in 2009, raised nearly �37,200 which was distributed at the awards night held a
THOUSANDS of pounds were handed over to the British Heart Foundation (BHF) at the annual awards night for the St Albans Half Marathon and Fun Runs.
The event, in its 28th year in 2009, raised nearly �37,200 which was distributed at the awards night held at St Albans council offices.
The lion's share of just under �21,000 was presented to the nominated charity for the event, the BHF, with the remaining beneficiaries including 37 local voluntary groups and organisations that helped to marshal the route.
Rob Cox from the British Heart Foundation said: "The BHF were delighted to be once again a nominated charity of the 2009 St Albans Half Marathon. It is a real privilege to be able to attend the awards evening and to meet the other benefiting local charities; the incredible support of the people of St Albans and the sponsorship raised through this event will enable the BHF to continue vital life-saving work within the community."
The race is organised by St Albans Arts, Sport and Health Development Team and the 2010 event will take place on Sunday, June 13.
Postal and online entries will open in February by either contacting the sports development team on 01727 827667 for an entry form or through www.stalbanshalfmarathon.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival