Awards all round for St Albans Half Marathon charity fundraisers
THOUSANDS of pounds were handed over to the British Heart Foundation (BHF) at the annual awards night for the St Albans Half Marathon and Fun Runs. The event, in its 28th year in 2009, raised nearly �37,200 which was distributed at the awards night held a
THOUSANDS of pounds were handed over to the British Heart Foundation (BHF) at the annual awards night for the St Albans Half Marathon and Fun Runs.
The event, in its 28th year in 2009, raised nearly �37,200 which was distributed at the awards night held at St Albans council offices.
The lion's share of just under �21,000 was presented to the nominated charity for the event, the BHF, with the remaining beneficiaries including 37 local voluntary groups and organisations that helped to marshal the route.
Rob Cox from the British Heart Foundation said: "The BHF were delighted to be once again a nominated charity of the 2009 St Albans Half Marathon. It is a real privilege to be able to attend the awards evening and to meet the other benefiting local charities; the incredible support of the people of St Albans and the sponsorship raised through this event will enable the BHF to continue vital life-saving work within the community."
You may also want to watch:
The race is organised by St Albans Arts, Sport and Health Development Team and the 2010 event will take place on Sunday, June 13.
Postal and online entries will open in February by either contacting the sports development team on 01727 827667 for an entry form or through www.stalbanshalfmarathon.co.uk
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall