Award is convenient truth for Martin
WEALTH management specialist Martin Rashdi has been presented with an award by former US vice president Al Gore. Martin, aged 38, of King Harry Lane, St Albans, was top performing partner at his company St James s Place in 2007 and he was presented with t
WEALTH management specialist Martin Rashdi has been presented with an award by former US vice president Al Gore.
Martin, aged 38, of King Harry Lane, St Albans, was top performing partner at his company St James's Place in 2007 and he was presented with the prize in front of more than 2,000 people in a ceremony at the O2 centre, formerly the Millennium Dome, in Greenwich.
Al Gore, winner of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize, addressed the audience on the challenge that people faced from climate change.
Martin, who is married with two children, works in London at his practice, Clearwater Wealth Management, which is part of St James's Place.
You may also want to watch:
He described meeting Al Gore as a humbling experience as he has been described as having one of the most significant roles in saving the planet in the next 100 years.
Martin said he was a strong advocate of reducing carbon emissions and he only invested in green companies.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant