Award for St Albans Cathedral Education Centre
- Credit: Archant
A prestigious award has been presented to the St Albans Cathedral Education Centre for the sixth consecutive time after it gained all-round top grades.
The Sandford Award for Excellence in Heritage Education is an independently judged, quality assured assessment of education programmes at heritage sites, museums, archives and collections across the British Isles.
Other past award winners include Blenheim Palace, the Victoria & Albert Museum and the National Museum of Scotland.
During her visit, the inspector from Sandford followed six groups of children on the Education Centre’s Medieval Pilgrimage Trail and observed a teacher training session. The top grade was awarded in every category.
Karen Wiseman, lead judge at Sandford, said: “The St Albans Cathedral Education Centre is staffed by skilled teachers who have an engaging, effective and peaceful style of teaching. Schools wishing to visit can be assured of a memorable and valuable experience for their pupils. I would recommend it without reservation.“
You may also want to watch:
The Education Centre is holding an Open Morning between 10am and midday on Friday, October 25 for new volunteers to join the team. For full details call 01727 890212.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space