Award for St Albans Cathedral Education Centre
- Credit: Archant
A prestigious award has been presented to the St Albans Cathedral Education Centre for the sixth consecutive time after it gained all-round top grades.
The Sandford Award for Excellence in Heritage Education is an independently judged, quality assured assessment of education programmes at heritage sites, museums, archives and collections across the British Isles.
Other past award winners include Blenheim Palace, the Victoria & Albert Museum and the National Museum of Scotland.
During her visit, the inspector from Sandford followed six groups of children on the Education Centre’s Medieval Pilgrimage Trail and observed a teacher training session. The top grade was awarded in every category.
Karen Wiseman, lead judge at Sandford, said: “The St Albans Cathedral Education Centre is staffed by skilled teachers who have an engaging, effective and peaceful style of teaching. Schools wishing to visit can be assured of a memorable and valuable experience for their pupils. I would recommend it without reservation.“
You may also want to watch:
The Education Centre is holding an Open Morning between 10am and midday on Friday, October 25 for new volunteers to join the team. For full details call 01727 890212.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant