Award for matchmakers with a difference
A MATCHMAKING website where entrepreneurs and investors can meet has scooped an award for best new business in St Albans. Angels Den founders Lois Cook and Bill Morrow were presented with their trophy at the St Albans Chamber of Commerce Community Awards
A MATCHMAKING website where entrepreneurs and investors can meet has scooped an award for best new business in St Albans.
Angels Den founders Lois Cook and Bill Morrow were presented with their trophy at the St Albans Chamber of Commerce Community Awards. The online investment funding website was founded just over a year ago and has since collected the largest number of funders in the whole of Europe.
Lois, a St Albans resident, said: "We are delighted to have won such a prestigious award and are absolutely thrilled to be instrumental in enabling entrepreneurs to make their business a success."
The company's staff gather dynamic business ideas and present them to prospective investors both online and at their monthly Speedpitching sessions. Tom Perry and Tristian Augier, both aged 17 and pupils at Verulam School, realised their dream of an event management company at one of the networking events.
Said Tristian, co-founder of Static Promotions Ltd: "The first time we ever presented our idea was at an Angels Den Speedpitching evening. Meeting the angels and being taken seriously was great, and now we know where the money is coming from."
Sandra Oldfield, President of the St Albans Chamber of Commerce, presented Lois and Bill with their award and commended the positive impact Angels Den had on St Albans.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 8 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
She said: "They have given two young people the wings to fly with their business idea. We are confident that Angels Den will soar to great heights in the future."
To find out more about the company, visit www.angelsden.co.uk