Award for Harpenden volunteer
- Credit: Archant
SERIAL volunteer Ginny Cooper has received a special award for her services to the community over the past 23 years.
Ginny received the award of merit from the Town Mayor of Harpenden, Cllr Nicola Linacre after being nominated by former Mayor, Cllr MichaeI Weaver.
She has fundraised with Harpenden Circle and the 12th Harpenden Scouts and Explorers for many years.
In the past five years she has sat on the Christmas Carnival committee and is on the rota at St John’s Church taking the elderly to church, serving coffee and reading with them. Ginny said she had been described as a ‘serial volunteer’ but helping others was normal for her.
“I love living in Harpenden and am pleased to put time in to helping the community that I love.”
You may also want to watch:
She stressed: “I did none of this single-handedly, I have always been supported by hard working and dedicated volunteers so I am slightly embarrased that I have been singled out for this award.”
Cllr Weaver described Ginny as a “tremendous organiser”.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly