Award for Harpenden volunteer
- Credit: Archant
SERIAL volunteer Ginny Cooper has received a special award for her services to the community over the past 23 years.
Ginny received the award of merit from the Town Mayor of Harpenden, Cllr Nicola Linacre after being nominated by former Mayor, Cllr MichaeI Weaver.
She has fundraised with Harpenden Circle and the 12th Harpenden Scouts and Explorers for many years.
In the past five years she has sat on the Christmas Carnival committee and is on the rota at St John’s Church taking the elderly to church, serving coffee and reading with them. Ginny said she had been described as a ‘serial volunteer’ but helping others was normal for her.
“I love living in Harpenden and am pleased to put time in to helping the community that I love.”
You may also want to watch:
She stressed: “I did none of this single-handedly, I have always been supported by hard working and dedicated volunteers so I am slightly embarrased that I have been singled out for this award.”
Cllr Weaver described Ginny as a “tremendous organiser”.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25