Avengers assemble! McBusted star joins Harpenden superhero run
- Credit: Archant
McBusted drummer Harry Judd underwent a superhero transformation much to the surprise of strollers last Sunday in Harpenden’s Rothamsted Park.
Supporters of Keech Hospice Care turned out in their hundreds for the charity’s third Superhero 5k fun run.
And Harry, who’s married to Harpenden girl Izzy Johnston, was barely recognisable as he won the race dressed as Iron Man, cheered on by his wife and friends Tiggy and Matthew Marchant and their daughter Ella.
He said: “Keech means something to me because our friends Tiggy and Matthew’s son Oliver was looked after by the hospice when he was going through cancer treatment.
“My wife and I went to visit and were really moved by what we saw.
“Events like this Superhero 5k are so much fun – it’s great to be a part of the community. It’s such a positive vibe!”
This year’s race saw over 200 superheroes running, walking and even attempting to fly to the finish line to raise money for the hospice.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Tim Reed from Harpenden, whose son Alfie came third, said: “We did it to raise some money, run around the park and get a chance to dress up!”