Avengers assemble! McBusted star joins Harpenden superhero run
- Credit: Archant
McBusted drummer Harry Judd underwent a superhero transformation much to the surprise of strollers last Sunday in Harpenden’s Rothamsted Park.
Supporters of Keech Hospice Care turned out in their hundreds for the charity’s third Superhero 5k fun run.
And Harry, who’s married to Harpenden girl Izzy Johnston, was barely recognisable as he won the race dressed as Iron Man, cheered on by his wife and friends Tiggy and Matthew Marchant and their daughter Ella.
He said: “Keech means something to me because our friends Tiggy and Matthew’s son Oliver was looked after by the hospice when he was going through cancer treatment.
“My wife and I went to visit and were really moved by what we saw.
“Events like this Superhero 5k are so much fun – it’s great to be a part of the community. It’s such a positive vibe!”
This year’s race saw over 200 superheroes running, walking and even attempting to fly to the finish line to raise money for the hospice.
- 1 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 2 Pest controller fights back against negative reviews
- 3 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 4 Club night revival in St Albans
- 5 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 6 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
- 7 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 8 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 9 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 10 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
Tim Reed from Harpenden, whose son Alfie came third, said: “We did it to raise some money, run around the park and get a chance to dress up!”