Avengers assemble! McBusted star joins Harpenden superhero run
- Credit: Archant
McBusted drummer Harry Judd underwent a superhero transformation much to the surprise of strollers last Sunday in Harpenden’s Rothamsted Park.
Supporters of Keech Hospice Care turned out in their hundreds for the charity’s third Superhero 5k fun run.
And Harry, who’s married to Harpenden girl Izzy Johnston, was barely recognisable as he won the race dressed as Iron Man, cheered on by his wife and friends Tiggy and Matthew Marchant and their daughter Ella.
He said: “Keech means something to me because our friends Tiggy and Matthew’s son Oliver was looked after by the hospice when he was going through cancer treatment.
“My wife and I went to visit and were really moved by what we saw.
“Events like this Superhero 5k are so much fun – it’s great to be a part of the community. It’s such a positive vibe!”
This year’s race saw over 200 superheroes running, walking and even attempting to fly to the finish line to raise money for the hospice.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 8 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
Tim Reed from Harpenden, whose son Alfie came third, said: “We did it to raise some money, run around the park and get a chance to dress up!”