Avengers assemble! McBusted star joins Harpenden superhero run
- Credit: Archant
McBusted drummer Harry Judd underwent a superhero transformation much to the surprise of strollers last Sunday in Harpenden’s Rothamsted Park.
Supporters of Keech Hospice Care turned out in their hundreds for the charity’s third Superhero 5k fun run.
And Harry, who’s married to Harpenden girl Izzy Johnston, was barely recognisable as he won the race dressed as Iron Man, cheered on by his wife and friends Tiggy and Matthew Marchant and their daughter Ella.
He said: “Keech means something to me because our friends Tiggy and Matthew’s son Oliver was looked after by the hospice when he was going through cancer treatment.
“My wife and I went to visit and were really moved by what we saw.
You may also want to watch:
“Events like this Superhero 5k are so much fun – it’s great to be a part of the community. It’s such a positive vibe!”
This year’s race saw over 200 superheroes running, walking and even attempting to fly to the finish line to raise money for the hospice.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
Tim Reed from Harpenden, whose son Alfie came third, said: “We did it to raise some money, run around the park and get a chance to dress up!”