Auction to raise funds for Harpenden boy’s vital operation
- Credit: Photo supplied
A week-long ski holiday for two, skiing lesson with five-times Winter Games downhill Olympian Graham Bell and romantic weekend break for two will be auctioned at a fundraiser on Saturday.
The event is being held to raise funds for a vital operation for a Harpenden boy, Will Horton, who has cerebral palsy. The five year old has spastic quadriplegia with all four limbs, and his trunk, affected.
However he has been offered a groundbreaking operation, developed in the United States. Launched in the UK at Great Ormond Street Hospital, Will’s parents, Rebecca and David, have been told there is no NHS funding for it.
The event, a party on the indoor piste, is being held at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead, from 8pm this Saturday November 30..
Tickets are £25, with the party including two hours on the slope, skiing, boarding or tobogganing, equipment and clothing hire and instruction.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to book, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Green light given to new hospital project
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire