Auction to raise funds for Harpenden boy’s vital operation
- Credit: Photo supplied
A week-long ski holiday for two, skiing lesson with five-times Winter Games downhill Olympian Graham Bell and romantic weekend break for two will be auctioned at a fundraiser on Saturday.
The event is being held to raise funds for a vital operation for a Harpenden boy, Will Horton, who has cerebral palsy. The five year old has spastic quadriplegia with all four limbs, and his trunk, affected.
However he has been offered a groundbreaking operation, developed in the United States. Launched in the UK at Great Ormond Street Hospital, Will’s parents, Rebecca and David, have been told there is no NHS funding for it.
The event, a party on the indoor piste, is being held at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead, from 8pm this Saturday November 30..
Tickets are £25, with the party including two hours on the slope, skiing, boarding or tobogganing, equipment and clothing hire and instruction.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'