Auction house brings ‘valuation bus’ to St Albans tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Get on the bus and find out whether you’re sitting on a goldmine!
A St Albans auction house is bringing its professional valuation expertise to the heart of the city centre with the first of its new monthly Valuation Days, held on the first Tuesday of each month.
J P Humbert Auctioneers Ltd have already been holding free valuation days at St Albans Town Hall for the past five years, but faced a dilemma when the building closed for redevelopment work.
Fortunately managing director Jonathan Humbert was able to find a novel solution to the problem by combining two of his passions.
He explained: “When I was a young man, I took my coach and bus license and undertook extensive European tour work for a firm called Jeffs Coaches of Northamptonshire.
You may also want to watch:
“I have now bought the very vehicle I passed my test in all those years ago and we are currently having it converted into our Valuation Bus - complete with waiting area, seating and valuation tables. We have already had the bus repainted in new livery.
“We believe this is the only such vehicle in the country and it gives a unique opportunity for the people of St Albans to come along and have their valuables appraised and valued free of charge, donations to Rennie Grove Hospice. Auction entries are always invited.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 9 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
The auction house has already raised hundreds of pounds for Grove House Hospice through their valuation days.
J P Humberts’ Valuation Bus will be parked outside Boots in St Peter’s Street in St Albans tomorrow (Tuesday) from 10am until 2pm. No appointments necessary.
Jonathan recently sold an 18t gold and aquamarine Cartier bracelet consigned at one of his St Albans valuation days for £9,000.
As well as free valuations, appointments can also be made for probate and insurance valuations, deceased estate and house clearance.