Auction house brings ‘valuation bus’ to St Albans tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Get on the bus and find out whether you’re sitting on a goldmine!
A St Albans auction house is bringing its professional valuation expertise to the heart of the city centre with the first of its new monthly Valuation Days, held on the first Tuesday of each month.
J P Humbert Auctioneers Ltd have already been holding free valuation days at St Albans Town Hall for the past five years, but faced a dilemma when the building closed for redevelopment work.
Fortunately managing director Jonathan Humbert was able to find a novel solution to the problem by combining two of his passions.
He explained: “When I was a young man, I took my coach and bus license and undertook extensive European tour work for a firm called Jeffs Coaches of Northamptonshire.
“I have now bought the very vehicle I passed my test in all those years ago and we are currently having it converted into our Valuation Bus - complete with waiting area, seating and valuation tables. We have already had the bus repainted in new livery.
“We believe this is the only such vehicle in the country and it gives a unique opportunity for the people of St Albans to come along and have their valuables appraised and valued free of charge, donations to Rennie Grove Hospice. Auction entries are always invited.”
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 9 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
The auction house has already raised hundreds of pounds for Grove House Hospice through their valuation days.
J P Humberts’ Valuation Bus will be parked outside Boots in St Peter’s Street in St Albans tomorrow (Tuesday) from 10am until 2pm. No appointments necessary.
Jonathan recently sold an 18t gold and aquamarine Cartier bracelet consigned at one of his St Albans valuation days for £9,000.
As well as free valuations, appointments can also be made for probate and insurance valuations, deceased estate and house clearance.