Auction house brings ‘valuation bus’ to St Albans tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Get on the bus and find out whether you’re sitting on a goldmine!
A St Albans auction house is bringing its professional valuation expertise to the heart of the city centre with the first of its new monthly Valuation Days, held on the first Tuesday of each month.
J P Humbert Auctioneers Ltd have already been holding free valuation days at St Albans Town Hall for the past five years, but faced a dilemma when the building closed for redevelopment work.
Fortunately managing director Jonathan Humbert was able to find a novel solution to the problem by combining two of his passions.
He explained: “When I was a young man, I took my coach and bus license and undertook extensive European tour work for a firm called Jeffs Coaches of Northamptonshire.
“I have now bought the very vehicle I passed my test in all those years ago and we are currently having it converted into our Valuation Bus - complete with waiting area, seating and valuation tables. We have already had the bus repainted in new livery.
“We believe this is the only such vehicle in the country and it gives a unique opportunity for the people of St Albans to come along and have their valuables appraised and valued free of charge, donations to Rennie Grove Hospice. Auction entries are always invited.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
The auction house has already raised hundreds of pounds for Grove House Hospice through their valuation days.
J P Humberts’ Valuation Bus will be parked outside Boots in St Peter’s Street in St Albans tomorrow (Tuesday) from 10am until 2pm. No appointments necessary.
Jonathan recently sold an 18t gold and aquamarine Cartier bracelet consigned at one of his St Albans valuation days for £9,000.
As well as free valuations, appointments can also be made for probate and insurance valuations, deceased estate and house clearance.