Man jailed after targeting St Albans business
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage man has been jailed after trying to get into a St Albans business with intent to steal.
Wayne Hyde, 41, appeared at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on October 22.
He admitted attempting to trespass at Travis Perkins in St Albans with intent to steal on October 20.
Hyde, of Carisbrooke Close, was jailed for 20 weeks.
Magistrates’ deemed the offence to be especially serious because he had gone equipped.
Magistrates added 128 days’ jail to his sentence to run consecutively for unpaid fines.
He was also ordered to pay victim services £115.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 8 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Sex pervert jailed for six and a half years
There was no order for costs due to the custodial sentence.