Attempted burglary of St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
Would-be thieves burst their way into a home through patio doors and raided an upstairs bedroom before making off empty-handed in an attempted burglary in the city.
Herts Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Avenue Road, St Albans, which is believed to have taken place at around 7.30pm on Wednesday, February 18.
Nothing was taken though an upstairs bedroom was searched.
The property’s rear patio doors were also damaged after they were forced open.
DC Chris Fisher said: “Although nothing was taken, the homeowners have been left shaken by the burglary and understandably so.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time and noticed any suspicious activity to contact to me straight away.
“Any information, no matter how insignificant it might seem, could prove very helpful to our investigation.”
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 10 Remembering Heartwood Forest supporter Pam
Witnesses are asked to contact DC Fisher on 101 or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.