Attempted burglary of St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
Would-be thieves burst their way into a home through patio doors and raided an upstairs bedroom before making off empty-handed in an attempted burglary in the city.
Herts Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Avenue Road, St Albans, which is believed to have taken place at around 7.30pm on Wednesday, February 18.
Nothing was taken though an upstairs bedroom was searched.
The property’s rear patio doors were also damaged after they were forced open.
DC Chris Fisher said: “Although nothing was taken, the homeowners have been left shaken by the burglary and understandably so.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time and noticed any suspicious activity to contact to me straight away.
“Any information, no matter how insignificant it might seem, could prove very helpful to our investigation.”
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 6 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Witnesses are asked to contact DC Fisher on 101 or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.