Attempted burglary of St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
Would-be thieves burst their way into a home through patio doors and raided an upstairs bedroom before making off empty-handed in an attempted burglary in the city.
Herts Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Avenue Road, St Albans, which is believed to have taken place at around 7.30pm on Wednesday, February 18.
Nothing was taken though an upstairs bedroom was searched.
The property’s rear patio doors were also damaged after they were forced open.
DC Chris Fisher said: “Although nothing was taken, the homeowners have been left shaken by the burglary and understandably so.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time and noticed any suspicious activity to contact to me straight away.
“Any information, no matter how insignificant it might seem, could prove very helpful to our investigation.”
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 6 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 7 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 8 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 9 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 10 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
Witnesses are asked to contact DC Fisher on 101 or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.