Ashleigh and Pudsey star in Heartwood Forest video
A NEW campaign to encourage families to get outside and enjoy woodland walks has been filmed at Heartwood Forest in Sandridge.
Britain’s Got Talent winners Ashleigh and Pudsey recently visited the site to launch Highland Spring’s new charity partnership with the Woodland Trust.
Doting Ashleigh, whose performances with dog Pudsey have wowed audiences throughout the UK and America, where they appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, said the campaign was a great idea for encouraging people to have “adventures” in the forest.
The famous duo were joined by Woodland Trust “nature detectives” Ellen Sandford-Percival and Dylan Stevenson, both aged six.
The partnership between the company and the trust aims to boost the charity’s ambitious goal of doubling the UK’s native woodland cover by 2050. At a time when children spend much of their spare time watching TV, the campaign also encourages people to head to their local woodland and enjoy family walks with pets.
Ashleigh said: “Pudsey loves coming to the woods to play games in the autumn leaves and have a good run around. It’s doggy paradise for Pudsey.”
PUDSEY’S TOP 5 TIPS ON TAKING YOUR DOG ON A WOODLAND WALK
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
1. Take your doggy’s favourite treat to reward them;
2. Vary your route because dogs love to explore new smells/scents;
3. Take their favourite toy to have fun;
4. Run around with your dog – it’s great for keeping you both fit!
5. Last but not least remember your pooper scooper!
To find your nearest Woodland Walk head to http://visitwoods.org.uk/en/visit-woods/Pages/get-involved.aspx