Ashleigh and Pudsey star in Heartwood Forest video
A NEW campaign to encourage families to get outside and enjoy woodland walks has been filmed at Heartwood Forest in Sandridge.
Britain’s Got Talent winners Ashleigh and Pudsey recently visited the site to launch Highland Spring’s new charity partnership with the Woodland Trust.
Doting Ashleigh, whose performances with dog Pudsey have wowed audiences throughout the UK and America, where they appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, said the campaign was a great idea for encouraging people to have “adventures” in the forest.
The famous duo were joined by Woodland Trust “nature detectives” Ellen Sandford-Percival and Dylan Stevenson, both aged six.
The partnership between the company and the trust aims to boost the charity’s ambitious goal of doubling the UK’s native woodland cover by 2050. At a time when children spend much of their spare time watching TV, the campaign also encourages people to head to their local woodland and enjoy family walks with pets.
You may also want to watch:
Ashleigh said: “Pudsey loves coming to the woods to play games in the autumn leaves and have a good run around. It’s doggy paradise for Pudsey.”
PUDSEY’S TOP 5 TIPS ON TAKING YOUR DOG ON A WOODLAND WALK
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Heartwood Forest supporter Pam
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
1. Take your doggy’s favourite treat to reward them;
2. Vary your route because dogs love to explore new smells/scents;
3. Take their favourite toy to have fun;
4. Run around with your dog – it’s great for keeping you both fit!
5. Last but not least remember your pooper scooper!
To find your nearest Woodland Walk head to http://visitwoods.org.uk/en/visit-woods/Pages/get-involved.aspx