Ashleigh and Pudsey star in Heartwood Forest video
A NEW campaign to encourage families to get outside and enjoy woodland walks has been filmed at Heartwood Forest in Sandridge.
Britain’s Got Talent winners Ashleigh and Pudsey recently visited the site to launch Highland Spring’s new charity partnership with the Woodland Trust.
Doting Ashleigh, whose performances with dog Pudsey have wowed audiences throughout the UK and America, where they appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, said the campaign was a great idea for encouraging people to have “adventures” in the forest.
The famous duo were joined by Woodland Trust “nature detectives” Ellen Sandford-Percival and Dylan Stevenson, both aged six.
The partnership between the company and the trust aims to boost the charity’s ambitious goal of doubling the UK’s native woodland cover by 2050. At a time when children spend much of their spare time watching TV, the campaign also encourages people to head to their local woodland and enjoy family walks with pets.
You may also want to watch:
Ashleigh said: “Pudsey loves coming to the woods to play games in the autumn leaves and have a good run around. It’s doggy paradise for Pudsey.”
PUDSEY’S TOP 5 TIPS ON TAKING YOUR DOG ON A WOODLAND WALK
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
1. Take your doggy’s favourite treat to reward them;
2. Vary your route because dogs love to explore new smells/scents;
3. Take their favourite toy to have fun;
4. Run around with your dog – it’s great for keeping you both fit!
5. Last but not least remember your pooper scooper!
To find your nearest Woodland Walk head to http://visitwoods.org.uk/en/visit-woods/Pages/get-involved.aspx