Arsonists torch caravans in Wheathampstead field
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Arsonists cut their way through a fence before torching three caravans in a Wheathampstead field on Boxing Day.
Hundreds of pounds worth of damage was caused to the vehicles when they were set alight near Meads Lane between 4.30pm and 11pm on December 26
One of the caravans contained £1,200 worth of clothing.
The arsonists gained access to the field by cutting a hole in the chain fence which is topped by barbed wire.
PC Richard Donbavand from the Harpenden Safer Neighbourhood Team said: “The area is popular with horse riders and dog walkers and we would like to hear from anyone who was in the Meads Lane area and may have seen anyone acting suspiciously.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan