Arsonists torch caravans in Wheathampstead field
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Arsonists cut their way through a fence before torching three caravans in a Wheathampstead field on Boxing Day.
Hundreds of pounds worth of damage was caused to the vehicles when they were set alight near Meads Lane between 4.30pm and 11pm on December 26
One of the caravans contained £1,200 worth of clothing.
The arsonists gained access to the field by cutting a hole in the chain fence which is topped by barbed wire.
PC Richard Donbavand from the Harpenden Safer Neighbourhood Team said: “The area is popular with horse riders and dog walkers and we would like to hear from anyone who was in the Meads Lane area and may have seen anyone acting suspiciously.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Herts Police non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development