Arsonists torch car parked outside St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists doused a car with accelerant and torched it outside a family home in St Albans recently (July 19).
Fire crews and police were called to a property on The Ridgeway at about 7.45pm, because a black Range Rover Sport parked in the driveway was well alight and the fire was starting to scorch the house.
Whoever burnt the car made off on foot, carrying a petrol can.
One person inside the house had to be rescued by firefighters, but they were unharmed.
Two fire crews from St Albans and one from Wheathampstead attended - they had extinguished the fire by about 8.10pm.
Investigating PC Mark Chipchase, said: “The fire caused significant damage to the vehicle and also caused damage to the front of the property.
“Thankfully no-one was injured by the fire but there were people inside the property at the time and the fire could have put them at serious risk of injury or worse.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Hospices announce plans to join forces
“I am appealing for anyone who believes they saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time stated or saw a person running from the address to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference number F1/17/3452, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.