Arsonists torch car parked outside St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists doused a car with accelerant and torched it outside a family home in St Albans recently (July 19).
Fire crews and police were called to a property on The Ridgeway at about 7.45pm, because a black Range Rover Sport parked in the driveway was well alight and the fire was starting to scorch the house.
Whoever burnt the car made off on foot, carrying a petrol can.
One person inside the house had to be rescued by firefighters, but they were unharmed.
Two fire crews from St Albans and one from Wheathampstead attended - they had extinguished the fire by about 8.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating PC Mark Chipchase, said: “The fire caused significant damage to the vehicle and also caused damage to the front of the property.
“Thankfully no-one was injured by the fire but there were people inside the property at the time and the fire could have put them at serious risk of injury or worse.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
“I am appealing for anyone who believes they saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time stated or saw a person running from the address to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference number F1/17/3452, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.