Arsonists torch car parked outside St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists doused a car with accelerant and torched it outside a family home in St Albans recently (July 19).
Fire crews and police were called to a property on The Ridgeway at about 7.45pm, because a black Range Rover Sport parked in the driveway was well alight and the fire was starting to scorch the house.
Whoever burnt the car made off on foot, carrying a petrol can.
One person inside the house had to be rescued by firefighters, but they were unharmed.
Two fire crews from St Albans and one from Wheathampstead attended - they had extinguished the fire by about 8.10pm.
Investigating PC Mark Chipchase, said: “The fire caused significant damage to the vehicle and also caused damage to the front of the property.
“Thankfully no-one was injured by the fire but there were people inside the property at the time and the fire could have put them at serious risk of injury or worse.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 8 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
“I am appealing for anyone who believes they saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time stated or saw a person running from the address to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference number F1/17/3452, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.