Arsonists torch car parked outside St Albans home
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists doused a car with accelerant and torched it outside a family home in St Albans recently (July 19).
Fire crews and police were called to a property on The Ridgeway at about 7.45pm, because a black Range Rover Sport parked in the driveway was well alight and the fire was starting to scorch the house.
Whoever burnt the car made off on foot, carrying a petrol can.
One person inside the house had to be rescued by firefighters, but they were unharmed.
Two fire crews from St Albans and one from Wheathampstead attended - they had extinguished the fire by about 8.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating PC Mark Chipchase, said: “The fire caused significant damage to the vehicle and also caused damage to the front of the property.
“Thankfully no-one was injured by the fire but there were people inside the property at the time and the fire could have put them at serious risk of injury or worse.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
“I am appealing for anyone who believes they saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time stated or saw a person running from the address to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting reference number F1/17/3452, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.