Arson probe after fire at pub
A BLAZE at an historic local pub which broke out in the early hours of this morning (Friday) may have been started deliberately. A pile of rubbish outside the popular Colney Fox pub and hotel on Barnet Road in London Colney caught alight just after midnig
A BLAZE at an historic local pub which broke out in the early hours of this morning (Friday) may have been started deliberately.
A pile of rubbish outside the popular Colney Fox pub and hotel on Barnet Road in London Colney caught alight just after midnight and two crews from St Albans, along with another from Hatfield, attended.
About a dozen staff and customers were evacuated and no-one was injured.
The fire was quickly put out and no structural damage was caused to the building.
You may also want to watch:
Fire investigation officers are currently assessing CCTV footage covering the premises as it is thought that someone might have been acting suspiciously outside the pub at the time of the fire.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact the police on 0845 3300 222.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works