Arsenal win crowns Marc's match of the day
A YOUNG Arsenal fan s dream came true when he led his footballing heroes out on to the pitch as the team s mascot for the day. Marc Crown from Radlett walked out of the tunnel at Ewood Park ahead of his favourite team who were up against Blackburn Rovers
A YOUNG Arsenal fan's dream came true when he led his footballing heroes out on to the pitch as the team's mascot for the day.
Marc Crown from Radlett walked out of the tunnel at Ewood Park ahead of his favourite team who were up against Blackburn Rovers in their Premier League match last Saturday, September 13.
As a member of Arsenal's junior supporters' club, the Junior Gunners, 11-year-old Marc was selected at random for the once-in-a-lifetime chance to be the mascot and also meet his heroes, get their autographs and bag a brand new Arsenal kit.
Marc, who lives in Letchmore Road and goes to school in Harrow, said: "I can't believe I was chosen. There are thousands of kids who are Junior Gunners and it's a dream come true to be the club's mascot. I had such a great time and it was awesome to meet all my favourite players."
Arsenal Captain William Gallas said: "It was great to meet Marc at Ewood Park for the game against Blackburn Rovers. We all hope that he had a great day out and enjoyed all the action."
Manager of the Junior Gunners, Sue Campbell, said: "We were delighted to offer Marc the chance to be our mascot for the Blackburn Rovers game. This is one of the many occasions throughout the year where our Junior Gunners get the opportunity to meet their heroes, and it is always a memorable day."
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
Some of Mark's good fortune obviously rubbed off on The Gunners - they beat Blackburn 4-0.