Arsenal training at London Colney ahead of Marseille
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal’s first team were in the throes of preparations at their London Colney training ground yesterday (Tuesday) before flying to France for their Champions League group opener against Marseille.
Squad members being put through their paces included new signing Mesut Ozil.
The German midfielder made an impressive debut in Arsenal’s 3-1 win over Sunderland on Saturday and his new manager thinks the 24-year-old playmaker is the ideal fit for his side’s style of play.
Arsène Wenger said: “There is a lot more to come from him.”
The Frenchman expects his record signing to bring a big boost to the club.
You may also want to watch:
Also training before tonight’s game was Wales international Aaron Ramsey, who has scored five goals in six games - including a brace at Sunderland on Saturday.
Wenger’s side have won their last five games in all competitions after suffering an opening-day defeat to Aston Villa.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Saturday’s victory at Sunderland was the team’s seventh consecutive Premier League away win.
Ahead of the Champions League game in Marseille Ozil and Olivier Giroud were passed fit, while Per Mertsacker is back in contention after missing the win at Sunderland.
Isaac Hayden and Chuba Akpom are both in Wenger’s 18-man squad to face Marseille. The game is being held at Stade Velodrome, with kick off at 7.45pm.