Arsenal training at London Colney ahead of Marseille
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal’s first team were in the throes of preparations at their London Colney training ground yesterday (Tuesday) before flying to France for their Champions League group opener against Marseille.
Squad members being put through their paces included new signing Mesut Ozil.
The German midfielder made an impressive debut in Arsenal’s 3-1 win over Sunderland on Saturday and his new manager thinks the 24-year-old playmaker is the ideal fit for his side’s style of play.
Arsène Wenger said: “There is a lot more to come from him.”
The Frenchman expects his record signing to bring a big boost to the club.
You may also want to watch:
Also training before tonight’s game was Wales international Aaron Ramsey, who has scored five goals in six games - including a brace at Sunderland on Saturday.
Wenger’s side have won their last five games in all competitions after suffering an opening-day defeat to Aston Villa.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Saturday’s victory at Sunderland was the team’s seventh consecutive Premier League away win.
Ahead of the Champions League game in Marseille Ozil and Olivier Giroud were passed fit, while Per Mertsacker is back in contention after missing the win at Sunderland.
Isaac Hayden and Chuba Akpom are both in Wenger’s 18-man squad to face Marseille. The game is being held at Stade Velodrome, with kick off at 7.45pm.