Arsenal themed wedding in St Albans for Gunners’ employee
- Credit: Photo supplied
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger sent a personal message of congratulations to a local man on his marriage at St Albans Cathedral.
The Gunners’ chief had a good reason to pass on his best wishes to groom James Bourne – he is manager for retail and promotions at Arsenal, and the club has training grounds in London Colney.
James, 33, proposed to Daniela Maccioni, 26, a manager for Bare Minerals cosmetic company, in the Lady’s Chapel at the cathedral after midnight mass last Christmas Eve.
And that romantic setting provided the perfect backdrop for the happy couple as they returned to be married on August 22.
The Dean, the Very Rev Jeffrey John, performed the ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Daniela, whose family travelled from Sardinia for the ceremony, wore a designer wedding dress by Benjamin Roberts.
There was a strong Arsenal theme to the celebrations, with Daniela’s attendants wearing flowing red dresses, while the five-tier wedding cake had red and white coloured layers. And atop the cake were figures of the bride and groom – wearing Arsenal scarves.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
The newlyweds’ honeymoon was in Morocco.