Arsenal themed wedding in St Albans for Gunners’ employee
- Credit: Photo supplied
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger sent a personal message of congratulations to a local man on his marriage at St Albans Cathedral.
The Gunners’ chief had a good reason to pass on his best wishes to groom James Bourne – he is manager for retail and promotions at Arsenal, and the club has training grounds in London Colney.
James, 33, proposed to Daniela Maccioni, 26, a manager for Bare Minerals cosmetic company, in the Lady’s Chapel at the cathedral after midnight mass last Christmas Eve.
And that romantic setting provided the perfect backdrop for the happy couple as they returned to be married on August 22.
The Dean, the Very Rev Jeffrey John, performed the ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Daniela, whose family travelled from Sardinia for the ceremony, wore a designer wedding dress by Benjamin Roberts.
There was a strong Arsenal theme to the celebrations, with Daniela’s attendants wearing flowing red dresses, while the five-tier wedding cake had red and white coloured layers. And atop the cake were figures of the bride and groom – wearing Arsenal scarves.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
The newlyweds’ honeymoon was in Morocco.