Arsenal themed wedding in St Albans for Gunners’ employee
- Credit: Photo supplied
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger sent a personal message of congratulations to a local man on his marriage at St Albans Cathedral.
The Gunners’ chief had a good reason to pass on his best wishes to groom James Bourne – he is manager for retail and promotions at Arsenal, and the club has training grounds in London Colney.
James, 33, proposed to Daniela Maccioni, 26, a manager for Bare Minerals cosmetic company, in the Lady’s Chapel at the cathedral after midnight mass last Christmas Eve.
And that romantic setting provided the perfect backdrop for the happy couple as they returned to be married on August 22.
The Dean, the Very Rev Jeffrey John, performed the ceremony.
Daniela, whose family travelled from Sardinia for the ceremony, wore a designer wedding dress by Benjamin Roberts.
There was a strong Arsenal theme to the celebrations, with Daniela’s attendants wearing flowing red dresses, while the five-tier wedding cake had red and white coloured layers. And atop the cake were figures of the bride and groom – wearing Arsenal scarves.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
The newlyweds’ honeymoon was in Morocco.