Arsenal themed wedding in St Albans for Gunners’ employee
- Credit: Photo supplied
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger sent a personal message of congratulations to a local man on his marriage at St Albans Cathedral.
The Gunners’ chief had a good reason to pass on his best wishes to groom James Bourne – he is manager for retail and promotions at Arsenal, and the club has training grounds in London Colney.
James, 33, proposed to Daniela Maccioni, 26, a manager for Bare Minerals cosmetic company, in the Lady’s Chapel at the cathedral after midnight mass last Christmas Eve.
And that romantic setting provided the perfect backdrop for the happy couple as they returned to be married on August 22.
The Dean, the Very Rev Jeffrey John, performed the ceremony.
You may also want to watch:
Daniela, whose family travelled from Sardinia for the ceremony, wore a designer wedding dress by Benjamin Roberts.
There was a strong Arsenal theme to the celebrations, with Daniela’s attendants wearing flowing red dresses, while the five-tier wedding cake had red and white coloured layers. And atop the cake were figures of the bride and groom – wearing Arsenal scarves.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
The newlyweds’ honeymoon was in Morocco.