Arsenal stars swap London Colney training ground for Vietnam
- Credit: Photo supplied by Arsenal
ARSENAL, which trains at London Colney, has released a film to commemorate close to a century of international travel, ahead of this summer’s Asia Tour 2013.
The Gunners have so far played in 52 countries around the world, and this pre-season that tally will rise to 54.
Arsenal are set to become the first Premier League side ever to visit Vietnam later this month, and also fly to Indonesia, Japan and Finland ahead of the new campaign.
The film celebrates Arsenal’s history as a travelling club, through pictures and mementos associated with its time on the road.
According to a spokesman the story of the pre-tour video begins in the “bowels of the Arsenal Museum” at the end of last season.
You may also want to watch:
Titled “The Suitcase”, it also looks ahead to the team’s upcoming tour with forward Oliver Giroud, a French international, who joined Arsenal June 2012 from Ligue 1 champions Montpelier.
The spokesman said: “We hope this video captures a little of the spirit and flavour of those early times, when travelling the world was hardly straightforward.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
“It also shows the commitment the Club has always maintained to meet its supporters wherever they may be.”