Arsenal stars swap London Colney training ground for Vietnam
- Credit: Photo supplied by Arsenal
ARSENAL, which trains at London Colney, has released a film to commemorate close to a century of international travel, ahead of this summer’s Asia Tour 2013.
The Gunners have so far played in 52 countries around the world, and this pre-season that tally will rise to 54.
Arsenal are set to become the first Premier League side ever to visit Vietnam later this month, and also fly to Indonesia, Japan and Finland ahead of the new campaign.
The film celebrates Arsenal’s history as a travelling club, through pictures and mementos associated with its time on the road.
According to a spokesman the story of the pre-tour video begins in the “bowels of the Arsenal Museum” at the end of last season.
Titled “The Suitcase”, it also looks ahead to the team’s upcoming tour with forward Oliver Giroud, a French international, who joined Arsenal June 2012 from Ligue 1 champions Montpelier.
The spokesman said: “We hope this video captures a little of the spirit and flavour of those early times, when travelling the world was hardly straightforward.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
“It also shows the commitment the Club has always maintained to meet its supporters wherever they may be.”