Arsenal stars swap London Colney training ground for Vietnam
- Credit: Photo supplied by Arsenal
ARSENAL, which trains at London Colney, has released a film to commemorate close to a century of international travel, ahead of this summer’s Asia Tour 2013.
The Gunners have so far played in 52 countries around the world, and this pre-season that tally will rise to 54.
Arsenal are set to become the first Premier League side ever to visit Vietnam later this month, and also fly to Indonesia, Japan and Finland ahead of the new campaign.
The film celebrates Arsenal’s history as a travelling club, through pictures and mementos associated with its time on the road.
According to a spokesman the story of the pre-tour video begins in the “bowels of the Arsenal Museum” at the end of last season.
You may also want to watch:
Titled “The Suitcase”, it also looks ahead to the team’s upcoming tour with forward Oliver Giroud, a French international, who joined Arsenal June 2012 from Ligue 1 champions Montpelier.
The spokesman said: “We hope this video captures a little of the spirit and flavour of those early times, when travelling the world was hardly straightforward.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 7 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
“It also shows the commitment the Club has always maintained to meet its supporters wherever they may be.”