Arsenal stars sport retro kit for Citroen DS 60th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Photo supplied
Football practice at Arsenal’s training grounds in London Colney was halted momentarily recently when players helped mark 60th anniversary celebrations for the original Citroen DS.
Arsenal stars Laurent Koscielny, Mathieu Flamini - both French internationals – along with David Ospina and Theo Walcott took part in the photo shoot, by donning replica 1955 football kit.
A spokesman said that the Gunners had “embraced their club’s heritage” by sporting the iconic red and white kit which their predecessors would have worn six decades ago.
Last year, Citroen and Arsenal signed a new three-year partnership agreement, whereby the French company continued its role as the club’s official automotive partner.
As part of the agreement the manufacturer provides a number of vehicles for Arsenal coaches and staff – including those working at London Colney.
You may also want to watch:
The original DS was produced between 1955 and 1975, with a total production run of nearly 1.5 million cars.
Launched at the Paris Motor Show, it was styled and engineered by an Italian sculptor and a French aeronautical engineer.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Seven hundred vintage DS vehicles will be brought together at the historic Montlhéry track in France from May 22-23 as part of the anniversary celebrations.
• Arsenal is keen to hear from local runners wanting to join its annual charity fun run “Be a Gunner. Be a Runner” on Saturday April 11.
About 1,000 runners are expected to take part in the race around Emirates Stadium to raise money for the Arsenal Foundation.
There will be a 10-lap adult race (6.4km) and one and two-lap races for younger participants. For more details and to enter see www.arsenal.com/bagbar