Arsenal stars meet young St Albans fan
- Credit: Arsenal Football Club/David Price
Training was momentarily paused at Arsenal’s London Colney grounds recently, when players took time out to pose for a special squad photo with a three-year-old from St Albans.
Jack Pike featured in an Arsenal official team photo after winning the chance to meet stars including Mikel Arteta, Kieran Gibbs and even team boss Arsene Wenger.
The pint-sized fan was not fazed by the Gunners’ presence, although pictures of Jack with mum Kelly and grandfather John Jones show him being dwarfed by the club’s silverware.
Kelly said: “To experience a professional photo call and meet the Arsenal first team was fantastic, and the look of excitement on Jack’s face is absolutely unforgettable.”
Jack won the prize after being entered in a Junior Gunners contest. He also won a brand-new Arsenal home kit.
You may also want to watch:
• Chelsea V Arsenal, Barclays Premier League, Stamford Bridge, Sunday October 5, 2.05pm
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images