Arsenal stars find “hero” in Vietnam while touring away from London Colney
- Credit: Arsenal
ARSENAL players currently away from their London Colney training ground as they continue their Asia Tour have been left in no doubt about their popularity after one fan bumped into trees and a lamp post in his excitement to meet them.
Ahead of tomorrow’s (Wednesday) game against the Vietnam national side in the My Dinh National Stadium, the players recently met local supporters in Hanoi.
They dubbed one determined young fan the “running man” as he ambitiously followed the Gunners’ coach, en route to the One Pillar Pagoda in the centre of the city, for five kilometres.
The fan eventually clambered onto a motorbike, reached the coach door and boarded the vehicle to a standing ovation from the Arsenal players.
Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny – son of former Polish international keeper Maciej Szczesny – has recounted the tale in a special Arsenal video, available on YouTube, where the running man is described as a “hero”.
You may also want to watch:
Wojciech said: “We were all cheering him on.”
The players suggested the man be signed up.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Kick-off for Wednesday’s game is 1pm UK time.