Arsenal stars find “hero” in Vietnam while touring away from London Colney
- Credit: Arsenal
ARSENAL players currently away from their London Colney training ground as they continue their Asia Tour have been left in no doubt about their popularity after one fan bumped into trees and a lamp post in his excitement to meet them.
Ahead of tomorrow’s (Wednesday) game against the Vietnam national side in the My Dinh National Stadium, the players recently met local supporters in Hanoi.
They dubbed one determined young fan the “running man” as he ambitiously followed the Gunners’ coach, en route to the One Pillar Pagoda in the centre of the city, for five kilometres.
The fan eventually clambered onto a motorbike, reached the coach door and boarded the vehicle to a standing ovation from the Arsenal players.
Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny – son of former Polish international keeper Maciej Szczesny – has recounted the tale in a special Arsenal video, available on YouTube, where the running man is described as a “hero”.
You may also want to watch:
Wojciech said: “We were all cheering him on.”
The players suggested the man be signed up.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Kick-off for Wednesday’s game is 1pm UK time.