Arsenal stars find “hero” in Vietnam while touring away from London Colney
- Credit: Arsenal
ARSENAL players currently away from their London Colney training ground as they continue their Asia Tour have been left in no doubt about their popularity after one fan bumped into trees and a lamp post in his excitement to meet them.
Ahead of tomorrow’s (Wednesday) game against the Vietnam national side in the My Dinh National Stadium, the players recently met local supporters in Hanoi.
They dubbed one determined young fan the “running man” as he ambitiously followed the Gunners’ coach, en route to the One Pillar Pagoda in the centre of the city, for five kilometres.
The fan eventually clambered onto a motorbike, reached the coach door and boarded the vehicle to a standing ovation from the Arsenal players.
Goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny – son of former Polish international keeper Maciej Szczesny – has recounted the tale in a special Arsenal video, available on YouTube, where the running man is described as a “hero”.
Wojciech said: “We were all cheering him on.”
The players suggested the man be signed up.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
Kick-off for Wednesday’s game is 1pm UK time.