Arsenal star becomes interviewer during Asia Tour
- Credit: Photo courtesy of Arsenal
ARSENAL players are used to media attention, so it is small wonder as they continue their Asia tour, away from their London Colney training ground, that one star turned briefly into a television presenter.
Aaron Ramsey can be seen on YouTube giving an interview following Arsenal’s 3-1 victory in a pre-season friendly against Nagoya Grampus on Monday (July 22), when he is suddenly interrupted.
He gamely tries to carry on despite a playful tackle by one of his team-mates.
The team has been touring Asia, meeting fans in the likes of Vietnam and Indonesia.
Then midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and forward Theo Walcott begin to quiz him on his performance.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron, Arsenal’s Welsh midfielder, who was named captain of Wales at the age of 21, laughs after the hijinks mid-interview.
Referring to Theo, one of Arsenal’s top four players last season and Alex, son of former England winger Mark Chamberlain, he said: “I’ve got these two muppets next to me, they love the camera.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
Asked whether it is tough when some of his team-mates start behaving strangely, he replies: “You know, they like the camera.”
Then Alex takes over the microphone and begins interviewing his team-mate, asking about Monday’s game against Nagoya Grampus.
Theo butts in saying: “You tread water you know.”
Alex later tells Aaron that he played a good game with great defence.
He said: “If I was the boss, I’d be over the moon with that performance.”
Arsenal plays Urawa Reds on Friday July 26.