Arsenal star Andre Santos arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving
ARSENAL player Andre Santos was arrested near the club’s London Colney training ground on suspicion of dangerous driving last week, police have confirmed.
Santos, 29, who has been with the Gunners for a year having joined from Turkish side Fenerbahce, allegedly sped away from police on the A1 close to the junction with the M25 at South Mimms.
He was followed by officers and stopped some 500 yards from his team’s Bell Lane training ground.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that the incident happened shortly after 9.30am last Friday, August 17. Police attention had been drawn to the manner in which the car was being driven but the driver was not breathalysed.
Santos, who was on the bench for Arsenal’s first game of the season against Sunderland, is a Brazilian international. He was understood to have been driving a Maserati when the incident occurred.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to a North London police station in mid September.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears