Arsenal star Andre Santos arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving
ARSENAL player Andre Santos was arrested near the club’s London Colney training ground on suspicion of dangerous driving last week, police have confirmed.
Santos, 29, who has been with the Gunners for a year having joined from Turkish side Fenerbahce, allegedly sped away from police on the A1 close to the junction with the M25 at South Mimms.
He was followed by officers and stopped some 500 yards from his team’s Bell Lane training ground.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that the incident happened shortly after 9.30am last Friday, August 17. Police attention had been drawn to the manner in which the car was being driven but the driver was not breathalysed.
Santos, who was on the bench for Arsenal’s first game of the season against Sunderland, is a Brazilian international. He was understood to have been driving a Maserati when the incident occurred.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to a North London police station in mid September.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space