Arsenal star Alex Song reprimanded by police
AN ARSENAL footballer who was speeding through Radlett on a provisional licence earlier this month has been fined.
Midfielder Alex Song, 23, who lives in the area, was stopped by police in the early hours of February 17 in Watling Street.
As well as driving at a speed believed to be in excess of 50mph in 40mph and 30mph zones, the Cameroon international did not have learner plates on his vehicle even though he does not hold a full UK driving licence.
Police seized his 4x4 as well as his provisional driving licence after he was unable to verify relevant documentation.
He has since been fined �60 for speeding and for not driving in accordance with the terms of his provisional licence, which has also been endorsed with three penalty points.
You may also want to watch:
The Arsenal training ground is located on the outskirts of St Albans, near London Colney.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land