Arsenal star Alex Song reprimanded by police
AN ARSENAL footballer who was speeding through Radlett on a provisional licence earlier this month has been fined.
Midfielder Alex Song, 23, who lives in the area, was stopped by police in the early hours of February 17 in Watling Street.
As well as driving at a speed believed to be in excess of 50mph in 40mph and 30mph zones, the Cameroon international did not have learner plates on his vehicle even though he does not hold a full UK driving licence.
Police seized his 4x4 as well as his provisional driving licence after he was unable to verify relevant documentation.
He has since been fined �60 for speeding and for not driving in accordance with the terms of his provisional licence, which has also been endorsed with three penalty points.
You may also want to watch:
The Arsenal training ground is located on the outskirts of St Albans, near London Colney.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets