Arsenal’s London Colney training ground expansion reports premature
- Credit: Archant
Reports of a proposed major upgrade to Arsenal’s training centre in London Colney have been scotched as premature.
Despite a recent story in a national paper about the Gunners pushing for a huge overhaul to modernise its centre, a spokeswoman for Hertsmere borough council has confirmed that no such application has been lodged.
It is understood, however, that the club is in the early stages of looking at some development at its training grounds.
Having been on the site since 1999, the club has been hoping to upgrade facilities.
The Herts Advertiser has been told that Arsenal is currently in the process of looking at various designs, with a view to eventually seek planning permission for a scheme which may include new offices and a new athletic development centre.
You may also want to watch:
However those plans are believed to be at a very early stage.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden