Arsenal’s London Colney training ground expansion reports premature
- Credit: Archant
Reports of a proposed major upgrade to Arsenal’s training centre in London Colney have been scotched as premature.
Despite a recent story in a national paper about the Gunners pushing for a huge overhaul to modernise its centre, a spokeswoman for Hertsmere borough council has confirmed that no such application has been lodged.
It is understood, however, that the club is in the early stages of looking at some development at its training grounds.
Having been on the site since 1999, the club has been hoping to upgrade facilities.
The Herts Advertiser has been told that Arsenal is currently in the process of looking at various designs, with a view to eventually seek planning permission for a scheme which may include new offices and a new athletic development centre.
You may also want to watch:
However those plans are believed to be at a very early stage.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall