Arsenal photo galleries: Mikel Arteta and Danny Welback train at London Colney ahead of Dortmund match
- Credit: Archant
Mikel Arteta, Kieran Gibbs and Danny Welbeck were among Gunners taking the opportunity for a last-minute training session at their London Colney grounds ahead of their Champions League Group D opener in Dortmund.
Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil is looking forward to tonight’s (Tuesday) clash with Borussia Dortmund, tweeting “I love this tournament”.
Meanwhile Harpenden’s Jack Wilshere has, according to Arsenal’s website, said that the Gunners have the perfect chance to lay down a marker in their Champions League group with a positive result tonight in Dortmund.
On Saturday (13) he said: “They’re always good games when we face them. It’s a tough game and we go there first this time, so the hardest match of the group will be the first one.”
Yesterday after training he tweeted: “Landed in Dortmund safely, looking forward to paying in the Champions League again this year!”
You may also want to watch:
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was particularly pleased to have recently met F1 ace Lewis Hamilton after his side’s 2-2 draw with Manchester City, tweeting a photo of the star.
Borussia Dortmund’s website said that “the black and yellows will have a tough job on their hands as Arsenal are Champions League regulars, taking part in this competition for the 17th time in a row.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Apparently Signal Iduna Park is sold out, with all 65,851 tickets “snapped up”.
About 3,200 Gunners fans are making the trip from London to the stadium.
• Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal tonight (16), Signal Iduna Park, 7.45pm