Arsenal photo galleries: Mikel Arteta and Danny Welback train at London Colney ahead of Dortmund match
- Credit: Archant
Mikel Arteta, Kieran Gibbs and Danny Welbeck were among Gunners taking the opportunity for a last-minute training session at their London Colney grounds ahead of their Champions League Group D opener in Dortmund.
Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil is looking forward to tonight’s (Tuesday) clash with Borussia Dortmund, tweeting “I love this tournament”.
Meanwhile Harpenden’s Jack Wilshere has, according to Arsenal’s website, said that the Gunners have the perfect chance to lay down a marker in their Champions League group with a positive result tonight in Dortmund.
On Saturday (13) he said: “They’re always good games when we face them. It’s a tough game and we go there first this time, so the hardest match of the group will be the first one.”
Yesterday after training he tweeted: “Landed in Dortmund safely, looking forward to paying in the Champions League again this year!”
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was particularly pleased to have recently met F1 ace Lewis Hamilton after his side’s 2-2 draw with Manchester City, tweeting a photo of the star.
Borussia Dortmund’s website said that “the black and yellows will have a tough job on their hands as Arsenal are Champions League regulars, taking part in this competition for the 17th time in a row.”
- 1 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 8 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 9 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 10 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
Apparently Signal Iduna Park is sold out, with all 65,851 tickets “snapped up”.
About 3,200 Gunners fans are making the trip from London to the stadium.
• Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal tonight (16), Signal Iduna Park, 7.45pm