Arsenal mascot thrill for St Albans boy
A ST ALBANS football fan took centre stage last weekend when he was chosen to be Arsenal’s mascot for their Premier League match against Manchester United.
Nine-year-old Junior Gunner Sebastian Danwell was selected at random from over 20,000 young Arsenal fans to be the Gunners’ mascot for the game on Saturday, November 3, and walk on to the pitch with Thomas Vermaelen.
The youngster was delighted to have been selected and despite Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat had an unforgettable day in Manchester.
He said: “It was just brilliant to have been chosen, especially to meet the captain Thomas Vermaelen and to get to walk out onto the pitch with him. The whole day was amazing.”
Sebastian had the once-in-a-lifetime chance of walking the team out onto the pitch for kick-off at Old Trafford and meeting his heroes ahead of the game as he is a member of Arsenal’s junior supporter’s club.
You may also want to watch:
He also bagged players’ autographs and a brand new Arsenal kit.
Thomas said: “It was great to meet Sebastian. Even though the result didn’t go our way, I hope he enjoyed the experience and will remember the day for a long time to come.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Sue Campbell, manager of the Junior Gunners, said: “We were delighted to offer Sebastian the chance to be our mascot for the game with Man United.
“This is one of the many occasions throughout the year where our Junior Gunners get the opportunity to meet their heroes, and it is always a memorable day.”