Arsenal mascot thrill for St Albans boy
A ST ALBANS football fan took centre stage last weekend when he was chosen to be Arsenal’s mascot for their Premier League match against Manchester United.
Nine-year-old Junior Gunner Sebastian Danwell was selected at random from over 20,000 young Arsenal fans to be the Gunners’ mascot for the game on Saturday, November 3, and walk on to the pitch with Thomas Vermaelen.
The youngster was delighted to have been selected and despite Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat had an unforgettable day in Manchester.
He said: “It was just brilliant to have been chosen, especially to meet the captain Thomas Vermaelen and to get to walk out onto the pitch with him. The whole day was amazing.”
Sebastian had the once-in-a-lifetime chance of walking the team out onto the pitch for kick-off at Old Trafford and meeting his heroes ahead of the game as he is a member of Arsenal’s junior supporter’s club.
He also bagged players’ autographs and a brand new Arsenal kit.
Thomas said: “It was great to meet Sebastian. Even though the result didn’t go our way, I hope he enjoyed the experience and will remember the day for a long time to come.”
- 1 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
Sue Campbell, manager of the Junior Gunners, said: “We were delighted to offer Sebastian the chance to be our mascot for the game with Man United.
“This is one of the many occasions throughout the year where our Junior Gunners get the opportunity to meet their heroes, and it is always a memorable day.”