Arsenal Ladies sign Dutch international Anouk Hoogendijk
- Credit: Ajax Gerard van Hees
Holland international Anouk Hoogendijk is set to become a regular visitor to the Gunners’ training grounds in London Colney after she was signed by Arsenal Ladies.
The 28-year-old defender is joining the team from Ajax, where she has played since May 2012, according to an announcement today (Monday).
Anouk is the team’s third addition to the Gunners’ backline this pre-season, following the arrival of England internationals Casey Stoney and Siobhan Chamberlain.
She has 94 caps for Holland.
Arsenal Ladies general manager Vic Akers said: “She’s a top quality defender who has proven herself on the international stage with Holland, in the Eredivisie with Ajax and of course in the Super League with Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
“She further strengthens a defence that has already seen the arrival of Casey and Siobhan ahead of the new season, so we are really pleased.”
Anouk described Arsenal Ladies as “one of the leading women’s clubs in the game”, adding that she was looking forward to meeting her new team mates and preparing for the 2014 season.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 8 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner