Arsenal Ladies sign defender to join them in London Colney
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
Arsenal Ladies, who train at the Gunners’ grounds in London Colney, have confirmed the signing of Jemma Rose from Bristol Academy.
The 22-year-old defender spent the past four seasons with the Vixens, captaining the club from summer 2014.
An England youth international, Rose was named the FA WSL Young Player of the Year at the 2011 FA Women’s Awards.
She also collected the Goal of the Season award that year for her long range free-kick against Doncaster Rover Belles.
Gunners’ manager Pedro Martinez Losa said: “Jemma is a player who will fit in very well at Arsenal. She is a good technical player, able to play out from the back.
You may also want to watch:
“She is good in the air and athletic too. She is a young player with lots of potential and I look forward to working with her.”
• Arsenal Ladies recently joined forces with some of the mens’ first team players, including Alexis Sanchez, Santi Cazorla, Tomáš Rosický and Laurent Koscielny, to don a new range of festive Arsenal knits to mark their support for Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day, in aid of the charity.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans