Arsenal Ladies sign defender to join them in London Colney
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
Arsenal Ladies, who train at the Gunners’ grounds in London Colney, have confirmed the signing of Jemma Rose from Bristol Academy.
The 22-year-old defender spent the past four seasons with the Vixens, captaining the club from summer 2014.
An England youth international, Rose was named the FA WSL Young Player of the Year at the 2011 FA Women’s Awards.
She also collected the Goal of the Season award that year for her long range free-kick against Doncaster Rover Belles.
Gunners’ manager Pedro Martinez Losa said: “Jemma is a player who will fit in very well at Arsenal. She is a good technical player, able to play out from the back.
You may also want to watch:
“She is good in the air and athletic too. She is a young player with lots of potential and I look forward to working with her.”
• Arsenal Ladies recently joined forces with some of the mens’ first team players, including Alexis Sanchez, Santi Cazorla, Tomáš Rosický and Laurent Koscielny, to don a new range of festive Arsenal knits to mark their support for Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day, in aid of the charity.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school