Arsenal Ladies hosting open evening in London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal Ladies Centre of Excellence in London Colney is hosting an open evening for coaches and players.
The centre identifies female players of outstanding ability and places them in a technical and educational programme that is designed to produce excellent players and well-balanced young people.
At Arsenal Ladies, the Centre of Excellence is the first part of a wider development programme for female players; meeting the needs of footballers from five years old through to elite open age football.
The open evening is an opportunity for coaches at Player Development Centres and grass roots clubs to find out how the Centre of Excellence functions and understand what Arsenal look for in recruiting players. Discover the principles Arsenal use to develop elite young female players, and observe a training session featuring the Centre of Excellence U17 Squad, the current holders of the FA National U17 Cup.
Taking place at the Arsenal Training Centre in Bell Lane, London Colney, on Thursday, March 6, from 6pm-9pm, the event is free but pre-booking is required as places are limited.
You may also want to watch:
To book, or for further details, call 01727 747452.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant