Arsenal Ladies goalie Emma prepares for fifth cup final
ARSENAL Ladies goalie Emma Byrne is hoping to pick up the 10th Premier League Cup in her club s history next week. The team will take on Doncaster Rovers Belles in the final of the FA Tesco FA Women s Premier League on Thursday at the Glanford Stadium, ho
ARSENAL Ladies goalie Emma Byrne is hoping to pick up the 10th Premier League Cup in her club's history next week.
The team will take on Doncaster Rovers Belles in the final of the FA Tesco FA Women's Premier League on Thursday at the Glanford Stadium, home of Scunthorpe United.
Emma, from Shenley, will be making her fifth consecutive appearance in the final of the league and if the team win it will be the 10th time in the club's 21-year-history.
Speaking ahead of the fixture, Emma said: "We're looking forward to our trip to Scunthorpe United when we will take on Doncaster. They always give us a good game and we're sure this final won't be any different. I hope many of our supporters, and football fans generally, will come and pitch their support - it's always great to have plenty of cheers behind us for big games such as this one."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the fixture are currently on sale priced �5 for adults and �2.50 for children. Group discounts are also available. Call the Scunthorpe United ticket office on 0871 221 1899 or purchase online at www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Jon Clements back with his 'family' as Colney Heath announce four signings for first Southern League campaign