Arsenal Ladies goalie Emma prepares for fifth cup final
ARSENAL Ladies goalie Emma Byrne is hoping to pick up the 10th Premier League Cup in her club s history next week. The team will take on Doncaster Rovers Belles in the final of the FA Tesco FA Women s Premier League on Thursday at the Glanford Stadium, ho
ARSENAL Ladies goalie Emma Byrne is hoping to pick up the 10th Premier League Cup in her club's history next week.
The team will take on Doncaster Rovers Belles in the final of the FA Tesco FA Women's Premier League on Thursday at the Glanford Stadium, home of Scunthorpe United.
Emma, from Shenley, will be making her fifth consecutive appearance in the final of the league and if the team win it will be the 10th time in the club's 21-year-history.
Speaking ahead of the fixture, Emma said: "We're looking forward to our trip to Scunthorpe United when we will take on Doncaster. They always give us a good game and we're sure this final won't be any different. I hope many of our supporters, and football fans generally, will come and pitch their support - it's always great to have plenty of cheers behind us for big games such as this one."
Tickets for the fixture are currently on sale priced �5 for adults and �2.50 for children. Group discounts are also available. Call the Scunthorpe United ticket office on 0871 221 1899 or purchase online at www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group