Arsenal Ladies expect ‘tough’ game against Notts County
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
Arsenal Ladies have been busy preparing at the football club’s London Colney training grounds for their impending match against Notts County.
The team, whose players live in and near the village, is expecting a good attendance at the July 26 clash due to the boost in popularity of the Women’s Super League since the Women’s World Cup.
Also, Arsenal Ladies saw a record WSL attendance at their game against Liverpool last Sunday (12), where the Gunners suffered their first defeat of the season, losing 1-3 at Meadow Park.
Manager Pedro Martinez Losa said: “Notts County showed that they are very, very tough in the first WSL game. They are, with Liverpool, one of the most uncomfortable teams to play against because they are tough, aggressive and organised.
“They make your game very difficult and play at a very high intensity. We suffered in the first game and this time around will be similar. They’ve got very competitive players who are good in the style that they play, so it will be a big challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
Pedro also spoke about the record attendance last weekend, saying, “hopefully we can keep that level. It was fantastic and hopefully we can maintain the interest of those people for the long term.
“That’s what we want – more families, girls and fans coming from the men’s teams. We want more people to try to get into ladies football. Once they watch it they will understand that it is attractive and they can enjoy watching it.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 City centre pub opens new roof garden
“All they need to do is give up two or three hours and then our obligation is to play good football for them to make their time enjoyable so they can come back again.”
• Tickets are available at the gate on match day: £6 adults and £3 concessions
• Arsenal Ladies FC V Notts County Ladies FC July 26, 2pm, Boreham Wood FC