Arsenal Ladies celebrate International Women’s Day in London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Women in sport have been celebrating International Women’s Day today (Tuesday), including Arsenal Ladies in London Colney.
The team welcomed sports reporters and photographers, including the Herts Advertiser’s snapper Danny Loo, to its training grounds in the village near St Albans.
A large number of the football stars live locally, including goalkeepers Emma Byrne and Sari van Veenendaal, who live in London Colney.
So too do Jordan Nobbs, Jemma Rose, Danielle Carter, Katie McCabe, Josephine Henning, Dominique Janssen, Danielle Van de Donk, Emma Bryne and Emma Mitchell.
There have been plenty of reasons for celebration recently as many of the Arsenal Ladies have been called upon to represent their countries during the international break, including Casey Stoney, Fara Williams – who claimed her 150th cap in England’s 2-1 defeat against Germany in the SheBelieves Cup - Alex Scott and Jordan Nobbs.
You may also want to watch:
The Football Association is also celebrating International Women’s Day by hosting a series of Twitter Q&As with women working across the game.
The 2016 theme for International Women’s Day is ‘Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step it up for gender equality”.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
• Birmingham City Ladies v Arsenal Ladies, FA Women’s Cup, Sunday March 20, 2pm