Arsenal Ladies celebrate International Women’s Day in London Colney
- Credit: Archant
Women in sport have been celebrating International Women’s Day today (Tuesday), including Arsenal Ladies in London Colney.
The team welcomed sports reporters and photographers, including the Herts Advertiser’s snapper Danny Loo, to its training grounds in the village near St Albans.
A large number of the football stars live locally, including goalkeepers Emma Byrne and Sari van Veenendaal, who live in London Colney.
So too do Jordan Nobbs, Jemma Rose, Danielle Carter, Katie McCabe, Josephine Henning, Dominique Janssen, Danielle Van de Donk, Emma Bryne and Emma Mitchell.
There have been plenty of reasons for celebration recently as many of the Arsenal Ladies have been called upon to represent their countries during the international break, including Casey Stoney, Fara Williams – who claimed her 150th cap in England’s 2-1 defeat against Germany in the SheBelieves Cup - Alex Scott and Jordan Nobbs.
You may also want to watch:
The Football Association is also celebrating International Women’s Day by hosting a series of Twitter Q&As with women working across the game.
The 2016 theme for International Women’s Day is ‘Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step it up for gender equality”.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
• Birmingham City Ladies v Arsenal Ladies, FA Women’s Cup, Sunday March 20, 2pm