Arsenal and England legend to start St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal Ladies legend and former England captain Faye White will be getting the runners under starter’s orders for the 2015 St Albans Half Marathon on Sunday.
Faye is no stranger to sporting success having led her country to four major tournaments, racking up 90 caps along the way and collecting an MBE for her services to women’s football. Faye will be joined on the day by Arsenal mascot, Gunnersaurus who will be helping to start the races.
Arsenal Ladies honorary president, Vic Akers, has paid tribute to Faye’s contribution to the club: “She is a born leader with a great attitude and is a great role model for the women’s game.”
Faye will be hoping to bring some of her ability to inspire people to the half marathon and will be taking part in the 1.5m fun race alongside children of all ages.
The St Albans half marathon is an event for everyone with a walking half marathon, the traditional half marathon, a 5K and 1.5 mile fun race.
You may also want to watch:
Faye and Gunnersaurus will be available throughout the event for photographs with fans and participants.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team