Arsenal and England legend to start St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal Ladies legend and former England captain Faye White will be getting the runners under starter’s orders for the 2015 St Albans Half Marathon on Sunday.
Faye is no stranger to sporting success having led her country to four major tournaments, racking up 90 caps along the way and collecting an MBE for her services to women’s football. Faye will be joined on the day by Arsenal mascot, Gunnersaurus who will be helping to start the races.
Arsenal Ladies honorary president, Vic Akers, has paid tribute to Faye’s contribution to the club: “She is a born leader with a great attitude and is a great role model for the women’s game.”
Faye will be hoping to bring some of her ability to inspire people to the half marathon and will be taking part in the 1.5m fun race alongside children of all ages.
The St Albans half marathon is an event for everyone with a walking half marathon, the traditional half marathon, a 5K and 1.5 mile fun race.
You may also want to watch:
Faye and Gunnersaurus will be available throughout the event for photographs with fans and participants.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city