Arriva launches contactless payments on buses in Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Bus users in Hertfordshire will no longer need to scrabble for small change to use Arriva buses.
Contactless payments are being introduced across mid and west Herts from this Sunday (February 17), replacing the old ticket machines.
People taking the bus can now pay with the tap of a credit or debit card, or on a device, meaning they no longer need to ensure they are carrying loose change before their journey.
The technology has also been rolled out across Arriva buses in Colchester, South End, east Herts and west Essex earlier this month.
There is no minimum spending amount to use contactless payments on board the buses, as long as payments are under £30.
You may also want to watch:
Contactless is also available on a range of Apple and Android devices, including smartphones, tablets, fobs, contactless stickers and wearable technology such as FitBits or Apple Watches.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park