Arriva launches contactless payments on buses in Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Bus users in Hertfordshire will no longer need to scrabble for small change to use Arriva buses.
Contactless payments are being introduced across mid and west Herts from this Sunday (February 17), replacing the old ticket machines.
People taking the bus can now pay with the tap of a credit or debit card, or on a device, meaning they no longer need to ensure they are carrying loose change before their journey.
The technology has also been rolled out across Arriva buses in Colchester, South End, east Herts and west Essex earlier this month.
There is no minimum spending amount to use contactless payments on board the buses, as long as payments are under £30.
Contactless is also available on a range of Apple and Android devices, including smartphones, tablets, fobs, contactless stickers and wearable technology such as FitBits or Apple Watches.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 MP condemns government over BBC threat