Two men arrested over death of St Albans football player
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested in Ireland in connection with the death of 21-year-old Joseph Deacy.
Joseph Deacy was found with head injuries outside a home in Swinford, County Mayo on Saturday, August 12.
He was discovered by a passer-by who called the emergency services, and Joseph was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead the next day.
The Irish police launched a homicide investigation after a post-mortem examination
St Colmcilles Gaelic Athletics Club in St Albans paid tribute to the enthusiastic Gaelic football player.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “Joe had a bright future ahead of him. He had an amazing energy and a real lust for life. He was a great friend and people were drawn to his character, his humour, and outlook on life.
“It is difficult to say goodbye to anyone at any age but when it happens to someone so young it is especially difficult.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery