Two men arrested over death of St Albans football player
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested in Ireland in connection with the death of 21-year-old Joseph Deacy.
Joseph Deacy was found with head injuries outside a home in Swinford, County Mayo on Saturday, August 12.
He was discovered by a passer-by who called the emergency services, and Joseph was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead the next day.
The Irish police launched a homicide investigation after a post-mortem examination
St Colmcilles Gaelic Athletics Club in St Albans paid tribute to the enthusiastic Gaelic football player.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “Joe had a bright future ahead of him. He had an amazing energy and a real lust for life. He was a great friend and people were drawn to his character, his humour, and outlook on life.
“It is difficult to say goodbye to anyone at any age but when it happens to someone so young it is especially difficult.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment