Arrests after St Albans caravan arson attack
ARRESTS have been made following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway yesterday (Tuesday) evening. The flames also caused damage to the adjoining property in Green Lane, St Albans, and forced the occupants to flee into the back garden. Four
ARRESTS have been made following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway yesterday (Tuesday) evening.
The flames also caused damage to the adjoining property in Green Lane, St Albans, and forced the occupants to flee into the back garden.
Four fire crews attended the blaze which broke out at about 6.20pm, and they didn't leave until just before 9pm.
A St Albans firefighter said the caravan was completely gutted in the incident and that the front of the house was also damaged by the blaze, including the uPVC windows and door.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers were called to the scene and closed the road between the junctions with Toulmin Drive and Therfield Road while firefighters tackled the blaze.
Three people were arrested at two different St Albans addresses on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
They are a 25-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman from St Albans, along with a 28-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City.
They are currently being held in custody for questioning.