Arrests after St Albans caravan arson attack
ARRESTS have been made following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway yesterday (Tuesday) evening. The flames also caused damage to the adjoining property in Green Lane, St Albans, and forced the occupants to flee into the back garden. Four
ARRESTS have been made following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway yesterday (Tuesday) evening.
The flames also caused damage to the adjoining property in Green Lane, St Albans, and forced the occupants to flee into the back garden.
Four fire crews attended the blaze which broke out at about 6.20pm, and they didn't leave until just before 9pm.
A St Albans firefighter said the caravan was completely gutted in the incident and that the front of the house was also damaged by the blaze, including the uPVC windows and door.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers were called to the scene and closed the road between the junctions with Toulmin Drive and Therfield Road while firefighters tackled the blaze.
Three people were arrested at two different St Albans addresses on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
They are a 25-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman from St Albans, along with a 28-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City.
They are currently being held in custody for questioning.