Arrests after St Albans caravan arson attack
ARRESTS have been made following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway yesterday (Tuesday) evening. The flames also caused damage to the adjoining property in Green Lane, St Albans, and forced the occupants to flee into the back garden. Four
ARRESTS have been made following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway yesterday (Tuesday) evening.
The flames also caused damage to the adjoining property in Green Lane, St Albans, and forced the occupants to flee into the back garden.
Four fire crews attended the blaze which broke out at about 6.20pm, and they didn't leave until just before 9pm.
A St Albans firefighter said the caravan was completely gutted in the incident and that the front of the house was also damaged by the blaze, including the uPVC windows and door.
Police officers were called to the scene and closed the road between the junctions with Toulmin Drive and Therfield Road while firefighters tackled the blaze.
Three people were arrested at two different St Albans addresses on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 5 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 6 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 7 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 8 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 9 Drug dealer hid in child's playhouse to evade arrest in Harpenden
- 10 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
They are a 25-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman from St Albans, along with a 28-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City.
They are currently being held in custody for questioning.