Arrests after St Albans caravan arson attack
ARRESTS have been made following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway yesterday (Tuesday) evening. The flames also caused damage to the adjoining property in Green Lane, St Albans, and forced the occupants to flee into the back garden. Four
ARRESTS have been made following an arson attack on a caravan parked on a driveway yesterday (Tuesday) evening.
The flames also caused damage to the adjoining property in Green Lane, St Albans, and forced the occupants to flee into the back garden.
Four fire crews attended the blaze which broke out at about 6.20pm, and they didn't leave until just before 9pm.
A St Albans firefighter said the caravan was completely gutted in the incident and that the front of the house was also damaged by the blaze, including the uPVC windows and door.
Police officers were called to the scene and closed the road between the junctions with Toulmin Drive and Therfield Road while firefighters tackled the blaze.
Three people were arrested at two different St Albans addresses on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
- 8 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Who was the witch of St Albans?
They are a 25-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman from St Albans, along with a 28-year-old man from Welwyn Garden City.
They are currently being held in custody for questioning.