Stolen car arrest yields £2,000 Class A drug haul
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have uncovered a haul of Class A and Class B drugs after a car was stolen from Harpenden.
A Vauxhall Corsa was stolen from High Street in Harpenden last December.
Having previously recovered the car, officers from Harpenden searched a property on Crawley Green Road in Luton and discovered a substantial amount of Class B drugs, believed to be cannabis, about £2,000 of Class A drugs, possibly heroin or cocaine, cash and a knife.
A 17-year-old boy from Luton has been arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle, possession with intent to supply Class A and Class B drugs and proceeds of crime offences, and has been released under investigation.
Insp Jon Roche said: “My officers will travel out of the county to pursue criminals who commit crime in the St Albans district.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope this reassures residents that we are bringing offenders before the courts.”
“To help reduce thefts of vehicles, please remember to always lock your vehicle and double check it is locked.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant