Armed robbery at London Colney bookmakers
POLICE have released CCTV images of a suspect following an armed robbery at a betting shop in London Colney at the weekend.
A man brandishing what is believed to be a handgun demanded cash from a Ladbrokes staff member just before 9pm at the High Street bookmaker on Friday, December 21.
After leaving the store with the cash, the man, who reportedly spoke with an Eastern European accent, made off in an unknown direction.
He is described as a white male, around 6ft 2ins, in his late 20s to early 30s with blue or green eyes.
As well as wearing a high-visibility vest he had a dark grey hoody pulled up over his head, a black scarf covering the lower half of his face, and black jogging bottoms and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con Rebecca Primrose, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “This was a distressing incident for the staff at the betting shop and we are determined to find the person responsible for it.
“If you saw a male of this description entering or leaving Ladbrokes, or acting suspiciously in the area, please get in touch with police as soon as possible.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Anyone with information should contact police on the non-emergency number 101, alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.