Armed robbery at London Colney bookmakers
POLICE have released CCTV images of a suspect following an armed robbery at a betting shop in London Colney at the weekend.
A man brandishing what is believed to be a handgun demanded cash from a Ladbrokes staff member just before 9pm at the High Street bookmaker on Friday, December 21.
After leaving the store with the cash, the man, who reportedly spoke with an Eastern European accent, made off in an unknown direction.
He is described as a white male, around 6ft 2ins, in his late 20s to early 30s with blue or green eyes.
As well as wearing a high-visibility vest he had a dark grey hoody pulled up over his head, a black scarf covering the lower half of his face, and black jogging bottoms and white trainers.
Det Con Rebecca Primrose, from the Local Crime Unit in St Albans, said: “This was a distressing incident for the staff at the betting shop and we are determined to find the person responsible for it.
“If you saw a male of this description entering or leaving Ladbrokes, or acting suspiciously in the area, please get in touch with police as soon as possible.”
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 8 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 9 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 10 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
Anyone with information should contact police on the non-emergency number 101, alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.