Armed Robber Targets St Albans Post Office
POST office workers were threatened with a gun before a robber made off with cash stashed in a safe on Saturday afternoon. Detectives are appealing for information about the armed robbery at the Fleetville Post Office along Hatfield Road, St Albans, which
POST office workers were threatened with a gun before a robber made off with cash stashed in a safe on Saturday afternoon.
Detectives are appealing for information about the armed robbery at the Fleetville Post Office along Hatfield Road, St Albans, which happened at around 12.50pm.
A man entered the shop brandishing a gun before forcing the manager and staff into a rear stock room and demanding cash from the safe. It is believed that he took a substantial sum of money.
The robber has been described as a black man, aged between 30 and 40, of medium build and around 5ft 8ins tall. He was wearing a black puffer jacket and carried a laptop shoulder bag with reflective writing on it.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Jason Finnegan, who is investigating the incident, said: "This was a despicable and audacious crime which was committed in broad daylight at a busy time on a Saturday. Thankfully no one was injured during the incident but we are determined to bring this man before the courts.
"Did you see or hear anything suspicious prior to, or after, the incident? Were you in the area around the time of the incident? Any information at all, no matter how small or insignificant you may think it is, will greatly assist our investigation and would urge anyone with information which could help us to contact us without delay."
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Anyone with information is asked to contact DS Finnegan on 01727 796354 or alternatively Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111