Police investigating stabbing in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man has been hospitalised following a stabbing in the Cottonmill area of St Albans.
Police were called at around 1.30pm following reports that a man had sustained injuries in the vicinity of Grindecobbe.
Eyewitnesses reported armed police in the area, and said the force helicopter had been deployed.
Officers attended and traced the victim, who was aged 20, at a nearby address. His injuries were not deemed to be life-threatening.
He was taken to hospital by the ambulance service to have his injuries assessed, and officers remain in the area to conduct enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Police confirmed that the victim had sustained a stab wound. No arrests have been made at this time.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Second chance at life for transplant patient