Police investigating stabbing in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A man has been hospitalised following a stabbing in the Cottonmill area of St Albans.
Police were called at around 1.30pm following reports that a man had sustained injuries in the vicinity of Grindecobbe.
Eyewitnesses reported armed police in the area, and said the force helicopter had been deployed.
Officers attended and traced the victim, who was aged 20, at a nearby address. His injuries were not deemed to be life-threatening.
He was taken to hospital by the ambulance service to have his injuries assessed, and officers remain in the area to conduct enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Police confirmed that the victim had sustained a stab wound. No arrests have been made at this time.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works