Armed police swoop on St Albans flat after reports of firearm
- Credit: Archant
Armed police mobilised following reports of a firearm on the balcony of flats in St Albans.
Officers were called to Newsom Place, in St Peter’s Road, at around 3pm yesterday (Tuesday).
The police helicopter was also called in for observational reasons.
A spokesperson for Herts police said: “Officers attended following a report of a firearm being visible on the balcony of a flat.
“Armed officers attended the scene and were granted access to the property.
You may also want to watch:
“No lethal firearm was identified and there is no ongoing threat.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears