Armed Forces Day in St Albans tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
ARMED Forces Day will be marked in St Albans with a parade and short service of remembrance from 2.15pm on Saturday.
Veterans and members of ex-service organisations, along with Royal Air Force and Army Cadet units are expected to attend the event, to be held at the memorial outside St Mary’s Church in Sherwood Avenue, Marshalswick.
It was established there to honour all members of our Armed Forces and to remember those men and women who have given their lives in the service of this country in recent conflicts up to and including the present hostilities in Afghanistan.
Members of the public are invited to attend the ceremony, during which St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster will lay a wreath on behalf of the district at 2.30pm.
In Harpenden, the 2013 Armed Forces Day on Saturday June 29 will take place from 12pm on the Common triangle outside the Public Halls, Southdown Road.
You may also want to watch:
Attractions include the Veterans’ Parade, cadet competitions and display, drill display, a climbing wall and bouncy castle obstacle course.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report