Armed Forces Day in St Albans tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
ARMED Forces Day will be marked in St Albans with a parade and short service of remembrance from 2.15pm on Saturday.
Veterans and members of ex-service organisations, along with Royal Air Force and Army Cadet units are expected to attend the event, to be held at the memorial outside St Mary’s Church in Sherwood Avenue, Marshalswick.
It was established there to honour all members of our Armed Forces and to remember those men and women who have given their lives in the service of this country in recent conflicts up to and including the present hostilities in Afghanistan.
Members of the public are invited to attend the ceremony, during which St Albans Mayor Cllr Annie Brewster will lay a wreath on behalf of the district at 2.30pm.
In Harpenden, the 2013 Armed Forces Day on Saturday June 29 will take place from 12pm on the Common triangle outside the Public Halls, Southdown Road.
You may also want to watch:
Attractions include the Veterans’ Parade, cadet competitions and display, drill display, a climbing wall and bouncy castle obstacle course.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim