Road closed to fix burst water main
- Credit: Archant
A road in Wheathampstead will be closed tonight to allow Affinity Water to fix a burst water main.
The B651 High Street/Station Road will be closed between B653 Codicote Road and Church Street from 7pm tonight until Monday, February 19.
It is not known if this will affect the water supply to surrounding homes.
An Affinity Water spokesperson said: “We are sorry for an inconvenience caused by a burst water main on Wheathampstead High Street.
“Our technicians will be carrying out repair works and may need to close the road to carry out these works safely. We do not anticipate any customers will lose their water supply.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank our customers for their patience whilst these repairs are carried out.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities