Apprentice hopeful Luisa motors to victory
- Credit: BBC/Boundless
GLAMOROUS Apprentice star Luisa Zissman left Lord Sugar’s boardroom a happy camper after her team annihilated their opponents in this week’s sales-based task.
The 10 remaining candidates were told to pack an overnight bag and sent to Birmingham where they had to pick products to sell at the Motorhomes and Caravan Show.
Luisa set off with two colleagues to trial a range of accessories, including an electric bike and a roof box that turns into a boat, before using her powers of persuasion to secure two items to flog at the trade fair.
Elsewhere, her other team-mates were busy researching high-value caravans and campers and despite liking a bespoke retro camper they agreed it was not suitable for their target market.
The St Albans-based entrepreneur reassured her project manager that opting for a folding camper instead was a “no-brainer”, but it was a different story for the other team who decided the retro camper was worth the gamble.
You may also want to watch:
After a long day spent trying to sell their gear to the public, the competitors gathered in the boardroom to find out the all important results.
Team Endeavour’s risky strategy had failed to pay off and after struggling to close a deal on any of their top-price items their total sales amounted to just £1,479.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
Luisa’s team motored to victory with sales of £33,615 from selling three collapsible campers as well as other lower-value accessories.
Their landslide win was rewarded with a trip to the Manchester Velodrome to cycle with Olympian Sir Chris Hoy.
Meanwhile, Lord Sugar ended Kurt and Natalie’s time in the process after making a shock decision to send them both packing for under-performing during the task.