Appeal to find Radlett burglars who attacked elderly man with his own walking stick
- Credit: Archant
Burglars attacked an elderly man with his own walking stick on Christmas Eve morning.
At about 1.30am on December 24 a man in his 70s was awoken by a noise on Orchard Close in Radlett.
The two interrupted intruders took the victim’s walking stick, gave him minor injuries, and then left empty handed.
They were tall with dark clothing, hoods and masks.
Det Con Ben Heath has appealed for witnesses: “Thankfully the victim was not seriously hurt. He suffered some cuts to his hands however, this incident would have badly shaken him.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re working hard to identify those responsible for this burglary and I’m appealing for anyone who may have seen a group of men matching the description loitering in the area or running away from the scene around the time stated to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact Herts police on 101 quoting crime reference 54 of 24/12/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly