Appeal made after Harpenden betting shop robbery
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are appealing for information following a robbery at a betting shop in Harpenden.
It is believed a man approached the counter of Ladbrokes, in Bowers Parade, at around 6.45pm on Saturday (February 23) and threatened a member of staff to fill a carrier bag with money.
He placed some money into the bag and made off along Bowers Parade in the direction of Luton.
The member of staff was not injured and no customers were in the shop at the time. No weapons were seen.
The suspect is described as a black man of a slim build who is around 5ft 6ins to 5ft 8ins tall with dark coloured eyes which were very blood shot.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a black fleece balaclava which covered his mouth but exposed his eyes and nose, a plain black hooded top with the hood up, black gloves, dark coloured jogging bottoms and white trainers. He had a very strong Jamaican accent.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Rebecca Primrose via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure