Appeal for wig-wearing burglars after cash and jewellery stolen in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
Criminals wearing wigs stole cash and jewellery in a Radlett burglary before making their getaway in a distinctive car.
At about 2pm on Thursday, March 28, a burglar alarm was tripped at a house on Newlands Avenue and Herts police rushed to the scene.
Officers believe that three men left the house, got into a car, and were taken away by a fourth getaway driver.
The offenders - who were wearing hoods or yellow builders hats, and wigs - had stolen two safes containing cash and jewellery.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw a silver BMW 1 Series along Park Avenue in the direction of Watling Street shortly after the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The car registration ended in UYM.
Hertsmere Det Insp Michael Macbeth said: “Did you see these men dressed distinctively? Or did you see the vehicle driving away from the scene?
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
“The vehicle was seen to be driving in an erratic manner, overtaking queuing vehicles, so it would have been very noticeable.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, quoting crime reference 41/28571/19.