Appeal for wig-wearing burglars after cash and jewellery stolen in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
Criminals wearing wigs stole cash and jewellery in a Radlett burglary before making their getaway in a distinctive car.
At about 2pm on Thursday, March 28, a burglar alarm was tripped at a house on Newlands Avenue and Herts police rushed to the scene.
Officers believe that three men left the house, got into a car, and were taken away by a fourth getaway driver.
The offenders - who were wearing hoods or yellow builders hats, and wigs - had stolen two safes containing cash and jewellery.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw a silver BMW 1 Series along Park Avenue in the direction of Watling Street shortly after the incident.
The car registration ended in UYM.
Hertsmere Det Insp Michael Macbeth said: “Did you see these men dressed distinctively? Or did you see the vehicle driving away from the scene?
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 5 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 9 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
“The vehicle was seen to be driving in an erratic manner, overtaking queuing vehicles, so it would have been very noticeable.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, quoting crime reference 41/28571/19.