Appeal for wig-wearing burglars after cash and jewellery stolen in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
Criminals wearing wigs stole cash and jewellery in a Radlett burglary before making their getaway in a distinctive car.
At about 2pm on Thursday, March 28, a burglar alarm was tripped at a house on Newlands Avenue and Herts police rushed to the scene.
Officers believe that three men left the house, got into a car, and were taken away by a fourth getaway driver.
The offenders - who were wearing hoods or yellow builders hats, and wigs - had stolen two safes containing cash and jewellery.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw a silver BMW 1 Series along Park Avenue in the direction of Watling Street shortly after the incident.
The car registration ended in UYM.
Hertsmere Det Insp Michael Macbeth said: “Did you see these men dressed distinctively? Or did you see the vehicle driving away from the scene?
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Try-happy Cents brings grand final success and leaves coach thrilled
“The vehicle was seen to be driving in an erratic manner, overtaking queuing vehicles, so it would have been very noticeable.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, quoting crime reference 41/28571/19.